N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Erica

The Summoning
Kelley Armstrong

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghostand the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.

The Summoning was an amazing start to the Darkest Powers series. You see Chloe Saunders (the main character) go through all sorts of twists and turns without ever really going ok, I know what's going to happen next. I found myself reading straight through, so captivated by the story. Kelley Armstrong really draws you into the book, and keeps you there.  
All the characters are definately relatable, which adds so much more to a book. With every character there's a piece that you can say, that's me or that's so and so.  This is a book where you really grow attached to characters.

I think the ending of the book is my favorite part. Kelley Armstrong leaves you with this amazing cliffhanger that I thought was just the perfect ending.

This is definately a must read!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account