Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik is just what its title promises--strange and fascinating! It's the kind of gripping read that instantly makes you want to keep reading non-stop and wishing you could somehow become friends with all of the amazing characters.

I must confess that thinking back to Noah Hypnotik makes me strangely emotional. It felt relatable even though my mind's inner workings are nowhere near as smart as Noah's. He is funny and weird and interesting. Honestly, reading this book is how I think it would be if I somehow could read/hear a boy's mind. Perhaps that is it though. This book transported me into the mind of a boy who spent so much time obsessing over "strange fascinations" that always related to loneliness, and all his feelings and doubts I felt 100% in my own heart.

However, this book is not what I would call sad. It is an all-around fun and whimsical adventure that shines throught the wonderful relationships Noah has and builds. I loved how he is best friends with two amazing twins, Val and Alan, and that they refer themselves as a "delicate triangle". I particularly enjoyed whenever Noah and Alan were together since their interactions and love for each other is truly pure. Cannot forget to mention how much I adored Penny! Such a sassy and bright character, could genuinely spend days in her company and never get bored.

There's so much to this book and even after finishing and having time to process, I still cannot find words to convey all the amazing details found within its pages. It has drawings! Constant mention of Gilmore Girls and Breakfast at Tiffany's! David Bowie! It is seriously packed with so many fun references that made me smile the entire time (except, you know, when it got deeply emotional).

Final Verdict:

This is my first book by David Arnold but it certainly won't be my last! Captivating, amazingly weird and unputdownable, The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik is the book you have to read in the near future, if not now. You won't regret it!
Good Points
Fun cast of characters
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account