Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to say that The Scorpio Races was easily my favorite of Maggie Stiefvater’s novels so far. When I first picked this book up, I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. I wasn’t even sure I would like it. I was more than pleasantly surprised once I started reading.

I loved the setting of this story. The images were so vivid that I actually found myself closing my eyes and picturing the beach, the sea, and of course the magnificent and utterly terrifying water horses.

Puck and Sean are two amazing characters. They are both strong and courageous. Each has their personal battles to fight and while there is some romance, it is not center stage. I enjoyed the interactions between the two, and while I love a good romance, I didn’t feel like the story needed an overload of it. While training for the race, Puck’s inner strength and determination shines through as she meets obstacles along the way. Sean’s experience and respect for the horses makes him a tremendous competitor and a valuable friend to Puck.

This book is different and not typical of what seems to be trendy right now, which as a reader is refreshing. I’ve been recommending this one to everyone I can. This book is way more than a horse race, I think there is a little something for everyone in this one.
Good Points
Beautiful writing!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account