Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Bishop was all kinds of amazing in this book and I fell more in love with him. His patience and dedication towards Ivy knows no bounds. Once he loves you, that’s it. There were so many times where I was at the edge of my seat, wondering if he would crack or stick it through, and I liked his responses and reactions to whatever Ivy was dishing out to him. The storyline was a bit slow in the beginning. There were some exciting moments thrown in here and there and Engel did keep me entertained and I loved those moments, but the rest of the time I was mildly interested in the story.

My biggest problem with the book was when it came to Ivy and Bishop’s relationship. It took entirely too long for things to progress with them. Yes, I understood there was that big rift between them and things were shaky, but the love was clear and the tension between them was palpable, it bordered on plain torture. I seriously wanted to hop in the book and smush their faces together. Ivy really pissed me off in that aspect. Because of her own misconceptions and short-comings, she held back her thoughts and feelings way too often for way too long. I couldn’t stand her when it came to Bishop. I understand the need for build up and all, but it was unnecessary in this case, at least for me. It dragged on and on and on, kind of like how I’m rambling about it right now. Annoying, right?!

Anyways, aside from that, I enjoyed the book. I liked seeing Ivy outside in the wild, learning to survive on her own, and seeing how the other side of this world lives. I also liked the new characters. I didn’t really care for Ivy and Bishop’s parents, but that didn’t affect me much. I think this was a nice conclusion and it left a lot of doors open for the characters, in a good way, though. This is definitely a solid duology overall.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account