Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Megan of West Virginia :)

John and Lorraine, the main characters and narrators, go on a wonderful adventure with Mr. Pignati, the Pigman, throughout the entire book. John and Lorraine are both sophomores in high school, but yet are like night and day. Their personalities are completely different in many ways. John is that trouble-maker at school. Hes the boy that loves to stir things up and make them exciting. His future goal is to be a male actor. Lorraine, on the other hand, is more isolated. She once thought that everyone was laughing, staring, or making rude comments about how the way she looked. Out of the two of them she is the good student in school, and she is always on top of her game. Her number one ambition is life is to become a writer.

The setting takes place in a small town where most people know each other. I can really relate to this setting because I also live in a small town where youre not a stranger to most people.

I think the author wrote this book to show how people can overcome things they didnt think they could, and how people can make new friends every moment of every day.

The Pigman is mostly about John and Lorraine and their growing relationship to the Pigman. When John and Lorraine are making prank phone calls about a phony charity, Mr. Pignati soon ends up as one of their unknowing victims. As John and Lorraine arrive at his house, they soon realize that Mr. Pignati is a lonely, elderly man in great need of care. Soon, John, Lorraine, and Mr. Pignati are inseparable. The Pigman now treats them as close children and begins to spoil them with wonderful, but expensive, gifts. A deep trust between the three of them begins to form throughout the story. But when the two teens decided to have a party without the Pigmans knowledge they soon realize it might be too late to earn back the respect and trust of the loving Pigman. Will their relationship be gone forever, or will it break through and never be lost?

I think The Pigman is a wonderful and heart-stopping book to read. I would recommend this book for teens in grade seventh through tenth. I think it is a great book to read. It combines all feelings such as; love, sadness, suspense, and trust. It is a standard fiction book that both girls and boys can both relate too, because it is written in the point of views of John and Lorraine. This book also teaches kids that no matter whom you are or what you look like, you can always find a friend who you can love, respect, and trust.    

I hope everybody willing to read this book will read it. It is a very good book to read and easy to relate to. You will most definitely enjoy this book. The Pigman will keep you on your seat, craving for more. I can assure you that you will not want to put this book done once you have started. Please take your time and read this great book, and enjoy!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account