N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Rayann

The Pigman by Paul Zindel, is a book about two kids that learn a lesson when they meet a man named Mr.Pignati. They learn to appreciate what they have and what other people have.

This story starts with John writing the first chapter. He talks about how he hates high school and all the things he did as a freshman. Then we meet Lorraine, who writes the second chapter of this book. She talks about how John did really do all the things he said he did as a freshman. She also writes about how when she got there to that school, that no one really liked her, then how she met John.

Lorraine tells how they have a phone marathon, who ever can stay on the phone the longest with a complete stranger, wins. When its her turn she closes her eyes, runs her finger down the phone book page and lands on Mr.Pignatis name. She is on the phone with him and ends up getting invited to his house. John convinces her to go to his house. When they get there, they end up going over there everyday to visit and drink wine with him. One day they go to the zoo and meet one of Mr.Pignatis best friends.

They all become good friends and hang out a lot. Then one day when they are having fun in Mr.Pignatis  home, he has a heart attack. Lorraine and John go and visit him in the hospital once.

While he is in the hospital they take care of his house, till John decides to have a party at Mr.Pignatis house. He thinks that the party was awesome till he finds out all he had done was wrong.

When they try to make it up to him a surprising thing happens. Its a good way to end a book that tells a message like this. You will have to read this book to find out what the message is.

When they try to make it up to him a surprising thing happens. Its a good way to end a book that tells a message like this. You will have to read this book to find out what the message is.

My final review on this book is that it is a very good book. I defiantly recommend it for a good time consumer. I like the characters, and the setting, its just a great book. I am hoping I get to read other Paul Zindel books and see if they would be as good as this one.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account