Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Crystal

Book title and author: The Pigman by Paul Zindel

Title of review: The Pigman

Number of stars (1 to 5)

The Pigman is a journey I think through friendship and trust to hold the friendship together it is a book that all readers that like action and heart felt stories should read this book.

The characters in the story John and Lorraine in the beginning start the story as Lorraine is a girl who is self cautious about herself sees this boy who she never has noticed before and they sat together on the bus John starts laughing and Lorraine thinks he is laughing at her but he is not, so all of the sudden she starts laughing with him and that is how they became friends. One day at a friends house they are playing a game to see how long they can keep anyone who there finger landed on in the phone book on the phone. Lorraine was next and her finger landed on Angelo pignati she called him he answered the phone she kept him on the phone for a good while and then john took the phone and told him that it was a charity organization and they were asking for donations and Mr. Pignati told them to come over to his house and he would get there money for charity. When they came over they talked to him for a while then he took them back into a room and showed them his collection of pig ornaments and they were from all across the world. He got there money and they left and they became friends with him they would go to the zoo and Mr. pignati  would introduce them to BoBo the baboon who was his best friend then one day Mr. Pignati had a heart attack and went to the hospital when he got home he saw that John and Lorraine had a party and some of his wifes clothes were torn and some of his pigs were broken a couple of days after they went to the zoo and found out BoBo had died at that moment Mr. Pignati fell to his knees then you will have to read it to find out what happened.

In the end the kids are filled with regret and sadness.

So the kids went on living there life full of regret of what they did.

I think the pigman teaches a lesson to all young adults. The book is a very good book because it was a book that was very sad and heart felt it was a book that I think should be read by every young adult because it also contains life skills and

Lessons for life. I would rate this book a five star book. This book really caught my attention in chapter two. This all explains that you should never judge a book by it is cover because it always has a twist.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account