Review Detail

Kids Indie 336
Perfect for Thanksgiving
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When Molly plants a pumpkin seed, she waters it and takes care of it so it'll grow into a beautiful pumpkin. She keeps a watchful eye on it and tends to the soil as needed. Once it grows, she cuts the pumpkin up and uses it to make a delicious pumpkin pie. Then, she gets to share her creation with others so they can enjoy it too.

THE PIE THAT MOLLY GREW uses the same format as "The House That Jack Built" and it gives an intriguing fall take on a classic. The illustrations are bold and adorable with an autumn color scheme. In the back of the book, there's a recipe for children who want to take a shot at making their own pumpkin pie. The author also talks a bit about bees and how without them, we wouldn't have any pies because they're the ones who pollinate the flowers. I like this addition to add a twist of knowledge for children to learn.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this as a fall read for children who like pumpkins and for those who are interested in baking. It's also great for the families who aren't sure what to do with a pumpkin once they've gutted it. My daughter and I like to cook pumpkin seeds but always wonder what to do with the actual pumpkin. Now she wants to try and make her own pie.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account