N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
SPOILER ALERT!
I'm really at a loss when thinking from where I could start talking about this book! The Peculiars is so wonderful that made me think of the days when I was reading Harry Potter!

The main character of this book is Lena Mattacascar, a young lady who is particular in one way or another: her feet and hands are longer than they should be.

Since her father left her at a young age, Lena has lived with Nana Crane and her mother. She has always been really careful with her long fragile hands reason for which she weared gloves, especially when she hid them from curious eyes. Always hearing that her father was a Peculiar and that he did not behave in a normal way, Lena decided to find the truth about him and... herself. She left to Scree(the place where Peculiars live) so she can find out her true origins. On her journey she met Jimson Quiggley, a young man with curly black hair, who was traveling to Knoster to work as Mr. Beasley's librarian. While riding the train, an incident occured and Lena lost her bag with almost all the things she needed for the trip. Thomas Saltre, a handsome marshal, interogated Lena about the incindent and became really interested in her journey. Falling into his tricky words and gestures Lena will make a big mistake later, compromising Mr. Beasley, an inventor, and also betraying Jimson who is the closest person to her. Her journey to Scree is tumultous and really eventful, filled with both pain and happiness, love and hate. Her decisions are always hard to make but not right at most times. But these will make her fly in an Aerocopter, meet the loveable Mrs. Mumbles (a really lovely Scree cat), fall in love with Jimson and find the truth about Saul Mattacascar, her father.
Is her long hands ad feet a sign of goblinism? You will find out just by reading the book!

There is so much to say about this book but i wouldn't want to spoil all the action! I really loved Maureen's writing style and her brilliant ideas. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a really captivating adventure!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account