Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The descriptions of Parkour are entertaining and opened my eyes to a new discipline that I was scarcely aware of prior to opening this book. The author's vivid narration of the actions and movement flow used in Parkour makes the action sequences come alive as you are reading. I enjoyed the descriptions and development of the main characters, and I especially appreciated the main character, Bronte, who is a teenage girl struggling with problems typical teenagers face on a daily basis (love-life, social hierarchy, peer pressure, fights with her mom). She makes several emotional decisions while facing the stresses and pressures that all teenagers face, but this occasional irrationalism actually makes her more relatable and believable as a character. Her behavior added an element of unpredicatability to Bronte that I thought was very real and relatable.
All-in-all, The Parkour Club is a fun, easy read for someone looking for an enjoyable fiction book interspersed with facts about Parkour and Muslim cutlure, two areas many readers may not have a deep familiarity with. Enjoy and Happy Page-Turning!
Good Points
- Strong character development & relatable characters
- Fast-paced with vivid descriptions make the Parkour scenes come alive
- Many interesting and accurate facts about Muslim culture and Islam
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account