N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Vanessa

Summary: Ponyboy Curtis is a greaser. Greasers barely have money, own no madras jackets, and drive no Corvettes-- unlike the Socials. The Socials, or Socs, have everything you can think they'd want. Yet their number one hobby is beating up the greasers. Ponyboy has to be careful of Socs when he walks the streets, that's why he and his friends have each other's backs. His brothers, biological or not... Soda, Darry, Dally, Johnny, Two-Bit, and Steve will do anything to keep each other safe from Socs. One night however, after picking up a couple of the Soc's girlfriends, the Socs come back to beat up Johnny and Ponyboy, taking things too far. Johnny kills a Soc, trying to save Ponyboy from being killed. Now Johnny and Ponyboy are being chased by the cops. The murder sticks to Ponyboy, who no longer is proud of the fact that Socs and greasers fight. More unbelievable acts occur, shaking the greasers. Ponyboy asks himself, why do we fight, if all we do is cause more hatred?
My Thoughts (may contain spoilers): Good book. Easy, short read. I thought it was going to be better though. I don't know, I'm weird. I liked That Was Then, This Is Now better than The Outsiders. Ponyboy was real. I was very sad that Johnny and Dally died, more Johnny because he was sweet and liked when Ponyboy read to him. I think Darry's and Ponyboy's relationship was real, since Darry was like the guardian taking care of Soda and him. I kinda wished something happened between Ponyboy and Cherry, they were cute when they spoke together. Again, good read, but I thought it would've been better.

Reposted at whatvanessareads.wordpress.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account