N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Bradley

The Outsiders is undoubtedly one of the most well written books I have ever read. It is about Ponyboy, a young gangster in an American town over forty years ago. He struggles against himself and the Socs, who are the rich kids on the other side of town. I think that this book is suitable for nearly all ages and has a message for everyone.

Ponyboys problems begin one night when he and Johnny are caught by a group of Socs. Johnny is driven to murder for the sake of Ponyboy who is being drowned. To where can Ponyboy escape so that he can hide himself from the horror?

The theme of the book is basically friendship which S.E. Hinton portrays beautifully through her numerous characters. Whether it is Two-Bits carefree attitude or Dallass bitter, hateful grin you can imagine their personalities shining through people that you meet in you everyday life. The story is so realistic and the information is so thorough that you begin to doubt that it is a work of fiction.

I thank S.E. Hinton for this fabulous masterpiece which I find playing on my mind nearly every day. If you havent read this book, get it quickly so that you can applaud the author alongside everyone else.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account