Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I picked this book up because I was looking for a creepier book and have heard wonderful things about Maureen Johnson. I could not have been more happy with my pick of this book.

First of all, who is not creeped out by 'Jack by the Ripper'? Seriously. From the first chapter, Ms. Johnson pulls you in and freaks you out. I was freaking out the whole time.

Rory finds herself traveling from Louisiana to London for her senior year of high school. Her parents are not far behind her, but she arrives earlier than them and starts boarding school right away. It's not long before everyone is on high alert due to a "Jack the Ripper" the wannabe lose on the streets killing girls. Except, no one can see the culprit, even with video cameras pointed right at him/her. Are you creeped out yet?

I just thought Ms. Johnson did a wonderful job of conveying the horror of these crimes, the terrified feelings of the Londoners, and giving her readers the creeps!

The characters were well written and believable, and even when the story takes a turn into the supernatural, it was written in a believable way. I won't go into detail because I don't want to give away any spoilers, but my goodness, I could not put this book down. And I just found out there is a sequel! *squee* I will definitely be picking up more books by Maureen Johnson and you should, too!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account