Young Adult Indie 2031
The Liar's Crown Book Review
Overall rating

Writing Style

Plot

Characters

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I honestly didn't know what to think going into this book besides, oh pretty cover. But as the plot unfolded and I realized what was happening, this book was exactly what I expected it to be - and that's a good thing. The pacing of the book was fast and engaging. I really enjoyed this story and thought that it was pretty unique. While there were some basic plot points, the story itself was fun. It pretty much played out like I expected and I loved every moment of it. I kept wondering about the title and how it played it but the ending of the book definitely explains it. And I can't wait to continue this story.

Meren was a great main character and I love her devotion to her sister and country. Her story is an interesting one and I felt like she progressed so much throughout the book itself. The only questioning thing I had was how was Tabra even a queen? It really made it sound like Meren was there for all the events and I just don't know how Tabra understood her role. Other than that I loved Meren's character and her relationship with the rest of the Shadowwood. Then Reven, was also an amazing character. I thought his background story was very interesting as well. The relationship building between Meren and Reven is so obvious and I really liked the chemistry between them.

Overall, The Liar's Crown by Abigail Owen was a fantastic read. I loved the story itself and found it to be interesting. The pacing of the book was well done and kept me interested through the whole book. Once I really got into the plot, this book delivered exactly what I wanted it to be. I can't wait to continue the story of Reven and Meren. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy novels with secrets and a royal family on the edge of destruction due to an evil force.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account