Young Adult Indie 250
Mirrors, Magic, and Demons
Overall rating

Writing Style

Plot

Characters

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was so excited to dive into THE LAST HUNTRESS, a new YA paranormal fantasy romance from Lenore Borja. The story incorporates many elements from multiple different mythologies as well as slight similarities to Lewis Carroll's mirror realm. An intriguing plot, a great found family, and unique love story make for a good read.

Alice is a headstrong, brave, cunning and kind main character. It is easy to root for her throughout the story and want to see her succeed. The relationship she builds with her huntress sisters is one of the many reasons to read the book. I loved seeing Alice's growth throughout the story as she came to terms with her huntress powers and the responsibilities that went with it.

My favorite part of the story was the mirror realm as well as the fantasy/paranormal elements that came with being a demon hunter (based on Greek mythology). The mirror realm defies the laws of physics. You can enter one mirror to exit in another part of the world. If only this could be applied to real life!

Overall, I enjoyed THE LAST HUNTRESS. It's a quick and easy read with a fun plot and great characters. I enjoyed experiencing it through Alice's perspective. Her new found family and her romantic interest all add to the story rather than detract from it. I highly recommend if you enjoy fantasy, paranormal, and romance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account