Review Detail

4.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 291
I felt that The Impossible Knife of Memory was intriguing and written quite realistically
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This was a really interesting novel about dealing with a parent that has PTSD. Hayley Kincain is the protagonist and her dad is a war veteran with PTSD. They have been on the road for the past five years, (as her father, Andy was a truck driver) they never stayed long in one place as he struggled to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend school. Hayley has also suppressed her memories of events that had happen when she was young. But slowly those memories are surfacing thanks to the help of her childhood friend that she doesn’t remember; Gracie.

It was intriguing reading about how Hayley adjusted to attending school for the first time in 5 years – as she was homeschooled by her father while they were on the road – and also how she was trying to get along with her friends; Gracie, Finn and Topher. I liked the ridiculous stories Hayley and Finn came up with and thought they were good for each other. And Gracie was a good friend.

I felt that The Impossible Knife of Memory was intriguing and written quite realistically.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account