Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I read a synopsis that does nothing to capture the essence of a book, I can't help but chuckle. If you read the back of this book and never read the book itself, you would have no idea what you missed.

You hear a lot about second books in a series not living up to their predessor. "Sophmore slump" they call it. Well, there is no slump in this book. It is captivating. Katniss is still amazing, if not more so. She actually knows what she wants and doesn't flip-flop about her emotions. Things are complicated, and she owns it. Peeta is still the lovable Peeta. But now there are other characters that you encounter, and you can't stop wondering what role they will play. I honestly think this book was better than the first, and I can't imagine how amazing Mockingjay must be!

This is a short review because there is nothing left to say about this amazing series. When it was published, it was unique and fresh. I've read many dystopian books over the last several years, but they don't compare to this series. The phrase, "Often immitated, never duplicated" comes to mind... So simply speaking, if you haven't read this series, DO IT. You won't be disappointed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account