N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jessica

The follow-up to The Hunger Games starts nearly a year after the first book ended. Katniss and Peeta have gotten back to their homes, but their life has changed as victors of the Hunger Games. The Capitol has it out for Katniss and she knows it. The book is a page-turner, moving quickly from one problem to another. Collins draws us in to their world and allows us to know all of the characters, and there are many. Even with so many characters, they all have their pivotal place in the story.

At times Katniss seems a bit too clueless and it comes off as annoying, especially for a character that is genuinely likable. While the plot is based on her clueless-ness, the deer-in-headlights act becomes painful for a few pages towards the end of the book. Peeta, Haymitch, and all of the other characters within the book redeem this one poor point.

The love triangle between Peeta and Gale is intensified, even with Gale being absent for most of this book. While this love triangle is slightly reminiscent of the Twilight triangle (Bella, Edward, Jacob), I dont feel compelled to take a side. Both Gale and Peeta are wonderful people and for many of the same reasons. I believe the best part about the book to be the fact that it makes me want to run out and buy the third in the series. And that I will.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account