N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by an_d

If I could give this book more stars, I would.  I can't begin to even tap into the genius of this book.  In a world of reality shows and virtual reality games, where do you go next?  Can fictional entertainment still contain our attention when we find entertainment in such extreme ideas and past times?  Movies and video games continue to become more violent in an attempt to shock, thrill and entertain us.    Is there a cap off?  In Suzanne Collin's tale, she creates a world so much different than ours in so many ways and so much similar at the same time.  The Hunger Games is an actual reality show with one EXTREME twist, you must fight to the death.  The last one living wins!  These are KIDS, mind you.  It's such a horrific concept that blows my mind each time I think about it.  I started this book one Sunday afternoon and could not put it down until I turned the last page!  It is such a thought provoking novel that I think encourages the reader to delve deeper into the writing and explore more than just the fiction in the pages, but the life that we are living.  I recommend this to anyone over the age of 12!  It is perfect for reluctant readers, as well.  The sequel comes out 9/09.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account