Young Adult Fiction 584
Murderously Perfect!
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This was the perfect book to follow Margaret Owen's Painted Devils, because it was just more Margaret Owen!

The Grimoire of Grave Fates by Margaret Owen and Hanna Alkaf is a YA fantasy murder mystery anthology that consists of many authors but one interconnected story. Including the likes of: Cam Montgomery, Darcie Little Badger, Hafsah Faizal, Jessica Lewis, Julian Winters, Karuna Riazi, Kat Cho, Kayla Whaley, Kwame Mbalia, L. L. McKinney, Marieke Nijkamp, Mason Deaver, Natasha Díaz, Preeti Chhibber, Randy Ribay, Tehlor Kay Mejia, Victoria Lee, and Yamile Saied Méndez. Each story gave their designated character a unique voice, and a new opportunity to add a special flair to a familiar story.

I loved how this book was both a series of stories, and one consecutive tale. As it allowed multiple authors to each shine in their own brilliance. I especially liked the one from Margaret Owen, but that's because she's become one of my favorite authors.

Though, some of the stories were a bit lackluster. But that's to be expected, as it is a bit hard to read multiple authors back to back and not compare. Regardless, I now have a master list of authors I need to check out.

If you're in need of something spooky and is a fun murder mystery give this one a try!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account