Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter was an absolutely refreshing read with a new twist on mythology that I absolutely devoured! This was a spectacular debut, and I am very excited to see more from Aimee Carter in the future.

Mythology is a topic that in my opinion can never be written about enough, and Aimee Carter has written a series that is so charming and delightful. Her take on mythology was a lot of fun to read about, as I could never guess where the plot was going to lead Kate.

I really liked Kate. The one thing about her that drove me nuts was her fixation on the fact that Ava’s death was her fault. Clearly when the mean girl does what she knows best and instead dies for it, it is not your fault. Everything else about her – I really liked her voice. I have to say I felt that Ava failed at the being the mean girl for the most part. Henry was a really great character – I didn’t like him as much in the beginning, but as Kate grew to know him, I liked his character more and more.

The Goddess Test ended way too soon. I was getting more and more involved with the story, and then it ended. I was really sad. I guess it’s kind of a good thing I waited until now to read it, since now I only have to wait three months instead of eleven. Moving past that, the ending was a ton of fun. I knew something was going to have to happen, but I wasn’t exactly sure how that something would. There were so many shocks and surprises and it was just a whole lot of fun.

The Goddess Test is a book I would recommend to all. I read it in 2 hours and just couldn’t put it down. I am very excited for book 2, Goddess Interrupted. The Goddess Test was a book with a twisty plot and a great cast of characters all wrapped up in a fabulous debut.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account