Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Forever Song is the riveting conclusion to the Blood of Eden series that is sure to have you on the edge of your seat with your heart in your throat!

Just like The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure, the latter of which I thought might literally kill me, The Forever Song is filled with moments that will make you laugh out loud and others that will break your heart in only the way that Julie Kagawa can. (If you're me, this means one of two things: Either you get caught pleading out loud with the book, or you have to go hide in the bathroom because you hate crying in front of others.)

One of the things that I so enjoy about Julie's writing, besides her amazing world-building and releatable characters, is her ability to make hope shine through even the most hopeless of situations. This is true of Allie, who, despite all the odds stacked against her, never gives up hope. Ever. Not for the future, which looks pretty grim for everyone, or the people around her even when it would be safer to do so.

Julie's knack for infusing humor into intense and often gory scenes is highly entertaining as well, especially since you don't realize she's just stabbed us in the feels until it's too late. (By "us", I mean, character and reader, because let's face it, we're all in this together.) And though she has the tendency to make it seem as if we're on an extended vacation in the pit of pain and suffering, she never leaves us there. She always brings us out the other side and her reasons for doing what she did makes sense.

The Forever Song truly is one of the best final books there is! Bravo, Julie Kagawa! And yeah, I'm sad to leave this world and these characters, a few of whom I never expected to care about, (Jackal, I'm looking at you.) I am VERY excited for Talon!

Favorite Quote(s): "Do not lose hope, Allison." He bowed his head, his next words so soft I barely caught them. "Your hope is the reason we have a chance to stop this."

"He can die. Painfully. After I rip his other arm from the socket and shove it so far down his poetry-spouting piehole that he chokes on it."
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account