Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Peyton has always been the "bigger girl", but after her brother Cooper dies in an accident, her weight gets out of control. She accepts the "F" word for what it is, but hates hearing it said by her peers. Peyton understands that the word "fat" doesn't change who she is. She's still a good, kind person and won't let anyone's opinion of her change that. She's also been working on this amazing app that's helped her find her place again without her brother Cooper and her best friend Cameron.

After Cooper's death, Cameron is sent to a training camp, but it's for a reason you'd never expect. When it's time for him to return home, he's terrified to face Peyton. They were best friends and maybe even more, but he hasn't been able to talk to her since the accident, especially since he'd been there when it happened. He isn't the same Cameron she remembers and he fears she won't be able to accept the new him or forgive him for leaving her when she needed him the most.

I love how real this story is. THE F WORD is about love, loss, friendship, discovering who you are, and so much more. It'll stir all kinds of emotions in the reader that I couldn't put it down. The relationship between Cam and Peyton is damaged and raw, but not completely shattered. I love how these two authors came together to create something so real, that I wanted to pull Peyton out of the book and give her a hug. The "f" word is a sensitive one and I liked how it was addressed in this book because weight isn't everything.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of contemporary romance, coming of age, and overcoming loss.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account