Young Adult Indie 562
The Dawn and the Prince
Overall rating

Writing Style

Plot

Characters

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
We made it to the end! I hate to admit that this book wasn't as big of a hit for me as the first two. It took me way too long to finish because it'd only hold so much of my attention. Overall, the story was solid and it gave the conclusion that was needed. But I think it was a little messy in getting there. First, the point of views jumped around way too much. I don't mind multiple points of views but all four or five in one chapter really hurt the flow. The next issue was the story seemed a little all too over the place. The first two books were cohesive while this one was just there here and then there and then over there! It was whiplash trying to keep up. Then the ending just felt rushed. I think if this book was a little more flushed out or if it was split into two with more detail and plot - it would have been better. But I do love this gang and the conclusion did make me happy.

While the pacing and plot suffered, these characters did not. I've really enjoyed seeing each character come into their own and this book really showed it. Zora is just wonderful. I loved the development between Larzen and Riadne. Then Griffith, of course trying to be his good heroic self. But honestly, if it wasn't for these characters, I think this book would have fallen flat. They really stuck true to who they were while becoming more well rounded.

Overall, The Dawn and the Prince by Day Leitao was the conclusion this trilogy needed but not execute in the best way. I struggled a lot with the pacing and the whiplash of constantly changing scenarios. However, I love these characters and have grown attached to each one. I'm so glad we got a happy ending for all of them and a future they can look forward to. If you've made it this far in the trilogy - don't stop! While the pacing is off, the ending is truly one you need.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account