N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jocelyn

Ruby Oliver (aka Roo) has not had the greatest ten days of her life. You wouldn't think much could happen in those ten days, but Ruby's life has gone from great to terrible in less than two weeks. E. Lockhart's The Boyfriend List is named after the list that Ruby has to make for her new shrink of all the boys with whom she has had something happen, even if it's just checking out the same library books in elementary school. On that list, there are fifteen guys. One of those was her first official boyfriend. In the past ten days, she's lost him, as well as the friendship of some of the others, and her best friends. On top of being a social leper, Ruby has started having panic attacks. I mean, come on, all of that would be enough to make anyone crazy!

Ruby's parents are worried about her, though. And Ruby doesn't want to be like her father's friend, Greg, who has panic attacks and never leaves his house. So she's seeing a shrink. She's fifteen, and has her own psycologist. Can Ruby, with the help of Dr. Z, sort out her life?

The Boyfriend List was an enjoyable read, starring Ruby, a likeable character with a very realistic and entertaining voice. Besides the main plot (the past ten days), it is full of entertaining flashbacks and anecdotes about each of the fifteen guys on Ruby's list (plus a few other things). E. Lockhart's story will capture your attention, and have you racing through the book, eager to find out what happens--but also slowing down, not wanting to miss any of the details of this great story. It's a fun read that you definitely don't want to miss. And when you're done with this one, the sequel, The Boy Book, will be released in a few weeks. I absolutely cannot wait to read it, and I know I'm not alone!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account