N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Jocelyn

THE BOY BOOK is a continuation of the adventures of Ruby Oliver, or Roo, as she is called by friends and family, who was introduced, along with many of said friends and family, in the fantastic book THE BOYFRIEND LIST. In this second installment, Ruby is still not speaking to two of her old group of friends, only sort of speaking to the other one, and also still not even friendly with her old boyfriend, Jackson--now Kims boyfriend, and Ruby and Kim wouldnt be on speaking terms even if Kim were at Tate Prep rather than all the way in Tokyo.

Its not all bad, though. Ruby and Nora might have another shot at friendship. And Rubys got Meghan and Noel. Maybe even Angelo. And shell always have her therapist, Dr. Z. Shes got her parents, too, as crazy as they may be, and possibly even Hutch, who helps her dad out sometimes, despite his weirdness.

The excerpts from Kim and Rubys boy book start out each chapter with a bit of hilarity, and the rest of the book is brilliant as well. This is a fun but not entirely fluffy, well-written book that is full of wonderful characters. Not only were the characters interesting and real, but their relationships were, too; there were no excessive, unrealistic fairy-tale endings here. That doesnt mean it all ended in tragedy; things usually do work out okay, in this book and in real life, but that doesnt mean it ends like Beauty and the Beast or Cinderella. That can be good and bad (there were some things Id have loved to see work out, but realistically, I guess they couldnt), but more good than bad. Im hoping to read more about Ruby Oliver in the future. This is an honest, funny book, and as much as I loved THE BOYFRIEND LIST, I liked this one even better!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account