Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I know I love a book when, an hour after Ive finished reading it&and when I should be fast asleep in bed&Im thinking of ways the character could possibly get together with that guy. What if& I keep saying. Then I have to remind myself, Hey, its a fictional character, for heavens sake! Get some sleep!

Yeah, I just love Ruby Oliver. E. Lockharts heroine reads like a real person, with all the crazy, mixed-up feelings that a normal teen has. Even though Ruby herself doesnt think shes all that normal, I think she is.

Hmmmm, or maybe that says something about me.

At any rate, Ruby is back and this is her junior year after the fiasco of her sophomore year when she lost all her friends, her boyfriend, and her reputation. Shes ready for her life to settle down. Shes ready for that big red Dont Panic button to show up.

Of course, shes still beset with boy issues. Theres Noel, who she cant quite decide if she likes that way or not (and his mixed signals arent helping). Then theres Angelo, someone shes known for years&and has just started scamming with (i.e. making out with while not officially going out). And the infamous Jackson, her former boyfriend, whos mysteriously sending her notes again while her former best-friend Kim (his current girlfriend) is away in Tokyo.

As she slowly makes up with Nora (one of the lost friends), further cements her new friendship with Meghan, and develops a confusing quasi-relationship/friendship with Noel, Ruby starts to get comfortable. When things seem to be conspiring against her and she feels like she might lose all that shes gained back, what will she do? Is it time to cut and run or take a stand?

Yes, shes neurotic. But, oh, thats why I like her so much. I recommend reading the first Ruby Oliver book before this one (The Boyfriend List), though you can enjoy this one without it. Youll just enjoy it more if you have all the background info. Recommended for readers aged 12 and up, though some parents might prefer 14 and up due to a bit of boob action (Sorry, thats just what it is. What else could you call it?).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account