Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book was creepy. In that blood-shilling, hair raising kind of way. All because of the villain. We got to see segments from his point of view, and I might have to say that those were my favourite parts. The way his mind worked, the thoughts we saw, his plans... *shudder* They were so dark. I loved them.

The rest of the book wasn't bad either. The plot moved along nicely, told from the relatable Violet. Her ability to sense dead bodies is really intriguing and diffferent from anything I've stumbled across before. If I was honest with myself, I'd have to say it--along with the serial killer--was the reason I wanted to read it in the first place. The writing style and characters I met when I read part of it on HarperTeen a few years ago only sealed the deal.

The romance in this book was perfect. Jay was likable and his relationship with Violet (in the friend sense) was realistic. I shipped them from the beginning. And was insanely happy when they got together (earlier in the book than I expected, but I have no compaints XD ). It was kind of a major part in the novel, but didn't smother the mystery plot line competely.

Although the identity of the serial killer and the upcoming events can be predicted if you pay attention to the clues dropped in both the killer and Violet's sections, there were still a couple of twists that took me completely by surprise. And sections where my heart pounded in suspense because of the masterful way Derting connected two separate but sequential scenes.

I really enjoyed this novel. Nice and dark with a wonderful side of romance. Hopefully I can get my hands on the sequel sooner rather than later.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account