Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I thought Art of Lainey would be this fluffy happy cutesy romance, which it totally is, but it's also kind of serious when it comes to finding your own identity and how getting dumped is not the end of the world and can actually lead to better things. You can actually see Lainey go through this transformation of becoming who she wants to be and not just what other people want her to be.

I've never really seen the appeal of a Mohawk but Micah has totally changed my opinion! He's the most amazing guy once you get to know him! He's so sweet and nice and just the perfect book boyfriend!

However as good as Micah is the best part of Art of Lainey is the friendship between Lainey and Bianca. Their supportive of each other and have none of that frienemies stuff. Which is I adore especially considering this is a contemporary romance and friendship always seems to take a backburner in romances.

Two other things I liked about Art of Lainey was the soccer aspect and how the characters were thinking about college. I see so few YA books were you have either of those things and it was really nice to have that and give the book a more real feeling.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account