Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Why I Loved It: I really, truly loved this book. I found it on my bookshelf yesterday and remembered that it was being released this month. I knew that the book had to be great if only because the author shares my love of chocolate pudding. So I sat down to read it, using it as a break from studying. Well then it started to overwhelm the study time until I finally gave in and stopped pretending to study. Midnight comes around, and I reached the last page. I am eternally grateful to Ms. Schwab for not leaving me with some awful cliffhanger. My brain wouldn't have been able to handle it after that reading experience. I was already on edge. (In the best possible way mind you.)

Reading this book brought back the wonderful feelings that Starters had given me months before. I was relishing every word and page, turning faster and faster until I had to will myself to slow down. The two worlds in which Mackenzie lives would have quickly overwhelmed me. Luckily for her, she has some special talents and the wisdom of her grandfather residing within her. The fact that she is pretty dang tough is also a pretty big plus. Mackenzie is such a relatable character with her fierce loyalty and her "take-no-crap" attitude with a touch of empathy that creates such a well-rounded and well-loved character.

In all honesty, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this book. The plot was different and unique and full of just enough winding turns to keep me reading *and to yell at anyone who interrupted me* without completely overwhelming me. The character development was incredibly strong from Mackenzie and the people in the world around her to the the people residing in the Archives. The Librarian Roland was probably my favorite character. He had the whole smart guy thing going, complete with a pair of red Chucks. Can you ask for more?

I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention THE BOY. I don't normally go for "guyliner" and black fingernails. In Wesley's case, I will make an exception. He was all charm and brains and with the right touch of bad boy. Yep. I have found another fictional boyfriend to add to the list. He literally oozed charm without being completely obnoxious. That is a hard feat.

The world that Ms. Schwab created makes for a very fun and edge of your seat reading experience. And it has just the right amount of creepy.

Who Should Read It: Everyone. Seriously. If you read Starters and loved it more than you thought you would, this needs to be added to the TBR pile. It's worth it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account