Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I think I enjoyed this one more in audiobook format than I would have in regular text. I read much slower than I can listen to an audiobook since I can listen at work. Since I read more on the slow side, I think I would've gotten a bit bored with the story and the main character, but I didn't really feel that, save for a few moments, while listening.

While Mel, our main character, can get a bit annoying with her snark, I found her highly amusing. Her incredible distaste for vampires confused me a bit since it seemed there wasn't much of a reason for it, but this was actually addressed in the story, so I can live with it.

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't entirely happy with the ending. I mean, I can't quite see it going any other way, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Cathy drove me in.freaking.sane. I understand what it feels like to be seventeen,
I do. Seventeen is basically eighteen and you're supposed to be an adult at that point, so why can't you just make your own choices now? And hey, that is a legit question. And in most situations, I think people make perfectly good choices at that age. I do not, however, think it's a good idea to decide vamp yourself at seventeen. Especially when you're doing it because of a boy. A boy you've known for all of a couple weeks. That could likely result in some serious relationship remorse if there was ever to be a breakup. Plus, you know, it's kind of a life or death decision. So, I didn't really like Cathy or the decisions she made.

Kit, on the other hand, was a great character. I can completely understand his wish to become a vampire. He was raised by them. Much more reasonable, no? Plus, he was completely adorable with his skewed vision of humanity (as opposed to vampires). He and Mel made a really cute couple, especially since all they really had was a flirty kind of thing going on for half the book. Not too heavy, but completely adorable.

The story itself was pretty good. I appreciated that it was more than romance and Mel's crusade to stop Cathy from becoming a vampire. The side story is good, but it was still a bit predictable, as was the rest of the plot.

The Nutshell: If you're a quick reader or looking for a good audio, I'd recommend Team Human. The plot is a bit on the predictable side and the characters aren't outstanding or anything, but it's highly amusing and Mel's romance is pretty cute.

Hit
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account