Review Detail

4.3 2
Young Adult Fiction 569
A wonderful, well-written and entertaining book!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What a wonderful, well-written and entertaining book!
I love it when an author is able to write a book with more than one characters point of view - and in this story, we get FOUR of them! Four realistic characters that are fun, quirky and ambitious. And Elizabeth Eulberg nails it! Not once did I get confused as to who was talking or what was going on and it made the story flow so swiftly and perfectly - I loved it!

Meet our four headliners...
Emme is a very talented songwriter who works hard and is very organized. But her lack of confidence and unsupportive friend keeps her from fully coming out of her shell to sing and steal the spotlight...
Sophie is the singer. She knows that shes got it all and will do anything to get what she wants and make it all the way to the top.
Ethan is swoon worthy but as a songwriter, he feels that he needs to create drama and chaos in order to write his songs, unlike Emme who writes from the heart.
And last, but certainly not least, Carter aka the child actor. He's been there already and no longer has the drive to continue being an actor and wants to be able to just be himself and finally do what he really loves to do.

It was amazing to see how their senior year unfolds - who grows and learns from their mistakes, and who doesn't. Most of all, what I loved was being able to live vicariously through all of these characters - I am no songwriter, not an aspiring actress and definitely cannot hold a note even if my life depended on it, lol; but, at some point in our lives, we have all dreamed about it. And Elizabeth definitely gave me my spotlight!

All of you who are big fans of Glee, High School Musical and (here's where I show my true age!) Fame - will enjoy and devour this book over and over again! It's a must read!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account