N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Reader Rabbit

Minas the stereotypical teenage girl. Well, she fits the criteria...kind of. Boy troubles? Check. Crazy uncle (that her family would like to keep in the attic)? Uh, check. Oh, and did I mention that her parents are vampires? Well, they are and theyve just confronted her with a question that could change her life forever. To be a vampire or not to be: a question that relentlessly plagues Mina in the four weeks that she has to make this crucial decision. Of course, according to the Council, her decision mustnt be influenced by her parents. Which is why theyve declared her the aforementioned crazy uncle to be her sponsor while simultaneously putting her in vampire classes. And as the four weeks draws to a close Mina is forced to weigh both sides and make the Final Decision.

Kimberly Pauley doesnt isolate the novel to things only directly related to vampires or her decision but branches it out, incorporating real aspects of teenage life which makes it easier for the average teen to relate to. Mina's voice is captured perfectly.

But probably the best thing about this book was the originality factor . There were so many places that the author could have gone down the clichéd road but she didnt-keeping the book not only original but also absolutely hilarious.

Also, I know we shouldnt judge the book by its cover but I think the cover was incredibly well-designed and reflected the book very well. The cover shows how Pauleys debut novel is the sort of book that reluctant and non-reluctant readers will enjoy. Basically, if youre looking for humour or really just a good read youll find it here.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account