Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Originally posted on http://musingsofabookowl.blogspot.com.

I bought this book on a whim at a Barnes and Noble because my non-bookish (let's face it, none of my friends are bookish, but she reads occasionally) friend was with me and told me that I just had to read it. So, I picked it it up over the summer and I just now read it.

For the first two hundred pages, I was honestly creeped out and hated it. It took until the last hundred pages for me to really get into it, and from that point on it was really good. Granted, I knew the general idea of what Ty had planned curtsy of my not-so-courteous friend who likes to spoil things.

Like I said, I was initially freaked out by this book. My friend kept telling me how sweet it was and I just wasn't seeing the sweetness in drugging a girl and dragging her halfway around the world. Other than that, I really liked the concept of this book. I can't say much more without giving things away, but I have to admit that by the end I did see how it was a little sweet. It was freaky with Ty stalking Gemma and everything, but it's still unlike any other book, which I liked.

Gemma was a nice main character, not one of my favorites. I liked how it was written as a letter so it was half first person/half second person point-of-view, but I feel like I didn't get to know Gemma as well as we could have. She's supposed to be some rich girl living with absent parents, but I never get that vibe from her. Since we never see that side of her, we don't get to see her transformation as much, which was a little disappointing.

Ty just creeped me out the whole book. Every time he opened his mouth, something else creepy came out. I never really understood anything he did (the overlying thing I did), but the painting, the camel it was all sort of random and didn't give off a soft side like I think it was supposed to.

Overall, it was an okay book. Nothing special ever stood out to me, except for one or two of Ty's quotes. I'd recommend this as a boredom read. If you're looking for a break from a lot of the new books, this is a nice breather. But I wouldn't rush out to get it.
Good Points
Writing Style
Topic: Kidnapping
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account