Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Starling by Lesley Livingston was a book I was very eagerly anticipating. I found a book brilliantly inspired by Norse mythology that was enticing til the very last page.

I loved that the plot was entirely driven by its ties to Norse mythology - it was just so cool! I do wish some aspects had been explained more thoroughly, as Starling was a bit confusing at times as I wasn't exactly sure about all the details.

I loved the high action aspect of the plot - the book was so fast paced. Scenes with Fenn and Mason were my favorites to read. I felt very distanced from the story, not at all engrossed in the world, which kept me from completely loving this one.

I really enjoyed the characters of Fenn, Mason, and Heather - they were the most genuine characters of the book. Some of the other characters I had a hard time connecting with - they seemed very distant and not completely developed.

The ending is very intense and I am eager to see where things go in the sequel. The foundation for the story has been set, so I am excited to see how things will pan out.

All the pieces were there for me with Starling, but it was missing that final push to make me go gaga over this one. I loved the mythology aspect and some of the characters, but some of the plot elements took away from the book as a whole.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account