Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This original review can be found @ https://booksnacksblog.wordpress.com/

So starting with my analysis of Helen:
Helen’s the undermining-herself kind of person, and really it didn’t bug me too much, although I’m sure it will for other people. I did wish she would see herself in higher standard, but I kind of understand her reasons, in a weird, inexplicable way. I had some issues with her at the beginning of the book, but as I continued reading she kind of started to grow on me, however she still had her unfavorable moments at times. I was able to overlook that though, because she wasn’t an annoying character or anything, and overall she made for an enjoyable read, so really, there’s not huge complaint I have against her. There are some characteristics that could come to be more developed, so I’m looking forward to seeing that in the next books

Lucas Delos I also really enjoyed, and although he kind of reminds me of Edward Cullen from Twilight at some moments, he’s his own person and I liked the moments between him and Helen in the second half of the story. :) As for the other characters, they were a nice addition, and I especially liked the big Delos family, for reasons unknown. They added little things that added positively to the overall reading experience, in my opinion. One of the characters I came to enjoy later on in the story was a guy named Hector. He was a jerk at first to Helen and I was completely annoyed and angry with him, but later on I actually really liked him. :)

Overall, the characters were pretty good.

Next part: plot. The plot was really what called to me before and even after reading this book. I’m always a sucker for any kind of mythology, not to mention Greek mythology (*cough* Percy Jackson *cough*
Good Points
-Fast paced plot
-Good characters
-Creative use of Greek mythology
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account