Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Helen is just a teenage girl wading through life trying to avoid being noticed, even though she is anything but normal! Helen seems to have incredible strength and speed and knows that she isn't like other girls. If I were to stop the review right there, you would think that this was like any other young adult "paranormal" book and quit there, thinking it is too cliche or overdone, but I would disagree! This book is fantastic, and the "side" characters are sometimes more amazing than Helen! I absolutely adore Claire, Helen's awesome "sidekick."

Starcrossed is an amazing read! I have read quite a few Greek mythology books, and this is one of the best. I absolutely LOVED the different surprises that arise along the way. Also, the “starcrossed” lovers is something that draws you in. You just can’t stay away!!! The ending has left me in anticipation, and I can’t wait for the sequel, Dreamless!!!!!

I read a lot of “paranormal” young adult novels, and this one is one of my favorites. I don’t feel that it’s too cliché, too predictable, or too boring. It has just the right amount of romance, angst, comedy, and action to keep you wanting more! Pick it up, and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!
Good Points
Amazing "side" characters
Interesting take on Greek mythology
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account