Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I loved: I was both excited and nervous to read Hunter's story because even though I enjoyed him in the previous books, I was pretty sure he would've let me hit the ground in a trust fall. Brigid Kemmerer never fails to disappoint though, nor is she afraid to kick you in the feels, sometimes managing to make you laugh in the process. (Sometimes. Other times, she makes you cry like a little girl.)

All of her characters have their own distinct voice and deal with issues that are easily relateable, Hunter is no exception. His struggle to not only to figure out who he is but where he fits in among the other Elementals is equal parts funny and gut-wrenching. Hunter isn't your average teen but he still has a lot to learn about love, trust and friendship and who better than the Merrick brothers to impart those lessons, whether in word, deed or punch to the face.

As with her other books, Brigid Kemmerer gives us fast-paced action, suspense, seamless alternate POV's and kissing. She even dangles an almost-but-not-quite-happily-ever-after in front of you like a carrot (or in my case, a cupcake, because a carrot? Seriously?) and just when you think Hunter will get his, WHAM! However, before the story ends, you realize that Hunter may have found the one thing he didn't even realize he was looking for.

What left me wanting: The cover model is cute, but I still want to see a picture of Hunter inked up and pierced. I'm pretty sure a cover like that would make me do this ---> O.O

Final verdict: Thank you Brigid Kemmerer for convincing me I could love Hunter as much as those Merrick brothers!

Favorite quote(s): "I am going to stare at you until you respond. O.O"

"Why do you have earrings in your face?"

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account