N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by KL

This book was recommended to me when I was at a writing conference and ever since that day (in 2001) I have heard it recommended countless times at conferences. Recently I saw the movie on Lifetime (it's also available in video stores) and the film really brought the book to life. I especially thought the casting of the teachers was excellent. They were exactly the way the were written in the book.

The book takes you inside the character's head and although she's not speaking much publically, it's almost like you're listening to her thoughts in a very different way than I've ever seen done before. In many books you get inside the character's head, but it's almost like we're just tapping into something and she's not aware (or doesn't care) that we are there.

I would recommend this book highly, but only to older high school students. I would highly recommend this to college students because this is the sort of situation that they are likely to face in college at a time when they may not see themselves as naive or suceptable to this sort of situation anymore.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account