Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book was amazing for the first two-thirds. I was enraptured. The idea of a girl being unable to feel any emotions really had me curious. Then you add in this supernatural element and I was hooked. The chemistry between Elizabeth and Fear was delicious, even if she couldn't tell it was there.

I really liked the characters. The author did a great job describing them and making me feel their individual emotions. For Elizabeth, it was especially tricky to do so because she isn't supposed to feel anything. Of course, that idea is the focus behind the great mystery in Some Quiet Place.

If you like spooky reads with that mystery quality, you'll enjoy this book. I am fairly certain of that. As I read through it, I was reminded of the Riders of the Apocalypse series for some reason. Don't ask me why, but there was something I just couldn't place that kept creeping up.

What ended up frustrating me, however, was the last portion of the book. It all happened so quickly. From the moment the villain's plans are uncovered to the bittersweet ending, I was left speechless-- and not in the best of ways. I think it all transpired way too quickly. I had questions. I wanted answers. I got nothing. I'm not even thrilled with the ending. I am pleased with it, but I think Elizabeth needed to do more. That's all I'll say about that one.

While I started out thinking this was going to blow my mind, I ended up placing it in the 'enjoyable' category. It's different, which was a plus. Unfortunately, though, the lingering questions left me desiring a bit more.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account