Review Detail

Kids Indie 444
cute picture book
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

SNOWFLAKES ON OUR TONGUES is a cute picture book about the joy of the first snow. The farm animals are sneaking around and catching snowflakes on their tongues when the farmer isn't looking - but it turns out the farmer is doing the same when the animals are not looking!

What I loved: This is a really cute story that celebrates the joy of snow. The illustrations capture the cartoonish animals and all their fun really well. The text is very simple and repetitive, almost song-like with repeated refrains. A variety of animals are shown, and young readers will find this easy to follow along with.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, the repetitive text does not quite roll off the tongue, and it almost seems like it should be a song, but I could not figure out what music it would go with. The repetitive nature of the text takes away from a plot, making this a better book for younger readers who can enjoy the animals without much of a storyline. Older readers may find this too repetitive to really sink their teeth into.

Final verdict: SNOWFLAKES ON OUR TONGUES is an overall cute picture book that celebrates the joy of snow falling. Recommend for toddlers and young preschoolers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account