Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Silence by Michelle Sagara was such a cool read. Cool and very unique. It definitely had a Buffy-esque vibe going for it throughout the entire thing, which was certainly nice.

This was one of the most unique paranormals I've read in a very long time. It was just so neat. There was a lot of mystery mixed in, as you are figuring things out the same time as Emma, and Emma is pretty much clueless as the book begins. Michelle Sagara's ghosts were totally different from any others I've read about. The elements of how they were were cool.

My one complaint would be that a lot was left unanswered about who Emma is and what she can do. It was hinted at, but a lot was never directly said. So I am really hoping that book 2 sheds a little more light on that. There was also a bit of confusion in regards to the dead - I really would love to know more about them, as very little light was shed on that as well.

The characters are what really sold this book for me. They all rocked! Emma was a really great main character, and I loved Chase and Eric. Basically Emma's whole network for friends were super cool and nice. You can't ask for a better best friend than Allison.

The ending was perfect for the start to a series. Michelle Sagara nicely ties up this plot thread, and leaves a few more open. It was a complete story, which was a relief to read. I'm very excited for book 2, to see where Emma and her friends's story goes next.

Silence by Michelle Sagara was a super fun read! It had a slower beginning, but once it picked up I didn't want to put it down for a minute. Michelle Sagara has woven a story so intricate and unique that readers will love.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account