Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Neryn has lost everyone she's loved and is on the run. A tyrannical king has a verdict out to kill anything that has to do with magic or the Good folk. Neryn is a Caller, one that can see and speak with the Good folk. Now there's people out to capture her. A handsome stranger, Flint, appears and helps her. Neryn has learned to trust no one. Can she trust Flint with her secret? Little does she know he carries his own secret that can either help or be her downfall.

I really enjoyed this fantasy. The beginning hooks the reader right in and you can't help but wonder what part Flint plays in Neryn's struggles. I love how the author doesn't just 'throw' Neryn and Flint together but rather shows us their relationship with small and subtle steps. Nervyn's past in woven into the story without slowly the pacing down. Even when Nervyn is on the run in Alba, the pacing continues without the reader's interest wandering.

There's lots of secrets in this book. Also questions on who one can trust.

There's unique twists and turns in the plotline. Flint isn't all he seems to be but then again neither is Neryn. The heroine isn't the usual kick butt protagonist but rather struggles with what she should do. She also questions if she'll be strong like her Grandmother or younger brother. Both had died under the cruel reign of the tyrant king.

This is the first book in a new series. This captivating tale weaves it's own spell over you with it's magic and hint of romance. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Good Points
1. Great opening hook
2. Intriguing premise of a Caller
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account