Review Detail

4.7 1
Young Adult Fiction 206
What started out a little weak turned into a pretty decent read with a strong ending.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: The best part of this book was easily the Pandoras. I loved them all. Such fun, interesting creatures. Their relationship with their humans reminded me of Pokemon, that’s how I picture their dynamic in my head. Tella definitely reminds me of Ash, how she cares for her Pandora, for all of them, and treats them with such love and respect. Also, the game itself was kicked up a notch. There are quite a few deaths and crazy moments in this book that shocked me and kept me glued to the pages. There’s enough action and danger to keep you interested and the pacing was pretty quick. I flew through this book.

Left Me Wanting More: I have to say, I did not like the beginning at all. For some reason, it felt so messy and inconsistent, like a hodge podge of things going on all at once. Not only that, I couldn’t stand the way the characters were acting, especially Tella and Guy. Tells irritated me with how conflicting her thoughts and actions were. She wanted to strong and independent, yet she let people push her around and belittle her. And Guy irritated me with his inability to express his feelings. Of course, I know that “actions speak louder than words”, but I need SOME words. I can’t even start with the rest of the characters or I’d go on forever. Let’s just say the first third of the book drove me crazy.

Final Verdict: I’m definitely still interested in this series and I want to see how it all ends. Sure, there were some things that bugged me about this book, but overall, it moved very fast and the Pandoras saved the show for me. If only I could have one in real life.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account