N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by GirlwiththeBraids

Since her father has a business trip to China, Rebecca is sent away to live with a family friend in New Orleans for the next six months. Spending time away from her friends and the gossip in New York doesnt seem too appealing. Especially when she has to spend it with the odd gothic Claudia that plays with Tarot cards for a living. When Rebecca meets the arrogant snobs of Temple Mead Academy, she is instantly on their bad side. Except for the attractive Anton Grey who seems to be interested in her but is sadly unavailable. After wandering into the cemetery one night, Rebecca comes across Lisette, a ghost only she can see. And it seems Lisette has been waiting over a hundred years to get the revenge she longs for.

Ruined is perfectly paced and has a constantly intriguing storyline. I wasnt attached to any of the characters and they lack personality. I was going back and forth I hate this book! I love this book! It repeated Rebeccas thoughts too much when all I wanted was to dive deeper. Its amazing how author Paula Morris kept the story going with so few settings. This book is packed with a lot of interesting historic info without being overly descriptive. It introduced me to the New Orleans I never knew. It had a huge twist I didnt see coming that made me gasp out loud. I wasnt fully satisfied with the ending because the feel didnt fit the rest of the story. Youd have to be very patient to read this book but over all I think its worth the read.

Contains:
*satanic arts
*brief gruesome description

Recommended for ages 13+

For more book reviews, visit ReadingtoMyself.blogspot.com!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account