Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I am a huge fan of Phantom of the Opera so a retelling had me really excited. I was really excited to see what spin the author would put on it so I jumped at the chance to read it. I really enjoyed the whole book, the characters, the retelling aspect, and the twists that were added to the story.

Rune was a very interesting character and I found myself really liking her. She was thrown into a new situation that she had little choice to adapt to. I loved the growth she showed through the book and that she kept surprising me. I liked the dynamics she had with the new friends she made and the slow romance. The supporting cast were so great that I would have read a book double in length just to have more of them.

The writing was very easy to read and made it very easy to get sucked into the plot. It made for a book I wanted to finish, to not put down. It was fun and enjoyable but there was also a creepiness to the plot, which I also enjoyed.

It hit all the spots I wanted as a Phantom of the Opera retelling and as a story on its own. I will definitely be buying a finished copy for my own collection.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account