Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 287
DNF
DNF PAGE 133 - I hate DNFing a book. I hardly ever do it. I personally feel like I'm giving up when I DNF. I know other people do it all the time and there is nothing wrong with that. We are all different and that's something awesome. I'm not picking on anyone who DNFs a book. Please don't think that.

That being said, I wanted to love this book. It has a lot of great reviews. At the time of this writing it has a 4.03 rating on Goodreads. I know there are some that says it's fully of misogyny but to me, I saw none of that. Again, we are all different and see things through different eyes and different life experiences. So no bashing. I just didn't personally see any of that.

The premise is so cool, so different. A land ruled by storms and those that can control them or kill them. Like storms are living creatures. That's so cool to me!

After my favorite character left I lost interest. Also I already knew where it was going (it's so easy to guess, I even flipped ahead to further chapters and to the end and I was right) and so I feel I don't need to continue, plus, I don't like Locke. I was told I quit before it got to the good part but this book already put me into a slump and I did not want to push myself into reading something so boring and predicable to me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account