Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I finished reading the Nightshade books, i couldn't believe it was all over, I was basically in tears because it ended. You cannot even start to believe my relief to know there was a prequel, and a prequel with a sequel!!!

In Rift, instead of being about the wolves like Calla, it is about the beginning of the Keepers, even though they are not called that in these books. There are small connections throughout the entire books that links to the Nightshade trilogy, which I really enjoy looking for. As well as those small details, there are new creatures not encountered in the original books, which is just brilliant, as it was totally unexpected and not repetitive of the last books, which is always a positive thing.

Ember is a strong female protagonist, and isn't one of those girls that would obsess about their male counterpart, which is another point in my good books. I thought that it was great that she didn't submit to her father's will, I just love characters who don't give up. What I found really funny was that Barrow and Morrow look quite similar, and at the very first page I kept getting mucked up with the names. I really like Barrow, as he was real tough on the outside, but so kind and gentle on the inside, and it was done so well that it felt really really strong.

I thought it was real clever to include Bosque Mar in this story as well, another great tie in with the original books. The whole quest for power and greatest desires is not done anywhere near cheesy in this book, and even though it's not, it feels like an original idea.

I cannot wait for to read the sequel to this amazing prequel, the magic, the monsters and the romance is so perfect in this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account