N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Pete B.

I thought that this book was a great book but it was quite sad at the end and I was sad and sorry that Trav Kirby commited suicide in Polly's old orchard. I greatly enjoyed all of the events that happened in the four years of Trav, Kate, Polly, and Buck. I liked how there was conflicts (like Skeeter) bu that were easily solved, like calling Miss Slater's husband and having him beat Skeeter's face into the ground and seem fine with it. I thought that it wasfunny and well thought out that he would beat up Skeeter and at Kate's idea as well. I thought that it was odd though, as Trav, Kate, Polly, and Buck all became great friends with each other, even though they were all so very, very, different. I was confused when Polly said she was selling the orchard off for Kate so she could get a good education even though she was still 16. I was amazed at how different Trav was when he came back as he was so much bigger and stronger and calmer about school. He seemed to be fine about having school the next day. It was weird because I never suspected that when Trav gave away those gifts, he was giving them away as if saying good bye. It was very sad that Trav died in Polly's orchard and never really said good bye. I was happy to know that at the end of the book, Buck, Kate, and Polly were fine and happy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account