Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Siobhan and her friends find a stranger in the woods and the encounter ends with Siobhan growing a pair of wings! That's just the start of her problems. She learns that the Greek myths were real and she is reincarnated from them. The man from the woods, Jasper, is her past life husband, Eros.
What I liked: The story was interesting and different from the usual retellings. Siobhan genuinely struggles with her feelings for Jasper and when she is forced to choose between love and doing the right thing, she feels helpless.
Having the Gods being from another dimension added a new layer to the story and left me wanting to know more about their world. The reader only gets a glimpse into that world but it builds on the mythos and enhances the story.
What Left Me wanting more: Siobhan, at times, is difficult to connect with, she is a typical college student dealing with extraordinary circumstances. There are times when she makes some questionable choices, that do not reflect well on her character. However, she does make the right choice in the end.
The Verdict: As a huge fan of Greek myth, this book has plenty to keep you entertained and it is a real page turner. I would recommend it.
Good Points
Greek myth retelling
Fresh take on old tales
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account